Ohh la la, I didn't realise how long it's been since I've updated this blog, sorry all, how naughty of me.
There's been a few things going on in the last few months. We have finally sold our house (WOO HOO) and it settled yesterday. We are still in the house for another 6 weeks cause they wanted us to rent it till 20th November, which suited us fine.
My cousin Marcel, from Germany has been staying with us for a few weeks as he is studying English in Brisbane for 3 months. It's been great to catch up with him, because the last time I saw him was when I was in Germany in 1998, and he was a bit younger then. Unfortunately I have not really had a chance to brush up on my German and it is more important for him to learn English. Of course we have been trying to teach him a bit of Aussie slang too....how could we not!!
Marcel brought over from Germany a souvenier from the village where dad was born (Deidesheim). It is a toy goat which Tino is sporting as headwear!! Every year they have the Geissbock festival where they find the most fertile male goat in the region, all the young married couples then walk with it from a nearby village through the forest to Deidesheim and then auction it off. It is quite an event!
This is Marcel and Tino taking a ride on the Wheelie Bee!

Here is Tino trying to read with Opa's glasses.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment